Many people experience bad breath now and then, but there are others who have it as a recurring issue. People who suffer from the condition are affected not only physically but also psychologically. Most of them often feel discouraged and unconfident. They would rather avoid talking to other people just to avoid being embarrassed.
There is no need to worry. With the technological advancements in dentistry, there is now a practical solution for the issue. But before anything else, know more about the condition with these quick facts!
- The condition is commonly known as bad breath, but did you know that Listerine coined its technical term “Halitosis”? George Lambert who is the son of the founder of the company used the Latin word for breath “halitus” and added the medical word “osis” to make it a technical sounding term.
- It has been estimated that almost half of the Americans have the condition but does not know that they have it or even its primary cause.
- The most common misconception about bad breath is that it is only caused by poor hygiene, but the truth is, there are several factors that contribute to it. Bad habits, poor diet, health problems, certain foods or beverages, and more others can produce foul odors in the mouth.
- Bad breath can happen anytime and anywhere due to the different types of bacteria that are living inside the mouth. However, certain situations can aggravate the issue.
- While morning breath is fairly common, it does not mean that it should be permitted to continue. Cleaning the mouth thoroughly and drinking a glass of water before sleeping can reduce its effects in the morning.
- Mouthwash can either be a friend or foe when it comes to bad breath, and it all depends on the type being used by a patient. Be careful not to choose those that have alcohol content for it can cause dry mouth that leads to bad breath.
- Many believe that bad breath cannot be treated and can only be masked by using oral products and breath mints. What they do not know is that a solution known as Halitosis Treatment has been devised and can be availed here at Dentistry of East Sacramento. Dentists can perform examinations to accurately determine the primary cause of the condition for it to be effectively taken care of.
There is no need to settle for less when it comes to bad breath! Opting for the professional cure is best performed rather than just self-medication for healthier and fresher breath!
If you want to own a fresh, healthy smile and breath, then Dentistry of East Sacramento is here for you. Check out our Halitosis Treatment in Sacramento, CA! You can visit us at 1005 39th St., Sacramento, CA 95816.